1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Dogs and Camping

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by shopgirl, Aug 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

He had a pretty bad first car experience when it was the first time I was bringing him home. I think that got to him, from then on every time he sees a car, he backs away. When you forcefully put him inside he just starts puking on the seat and floor, even when the car is not in motion.

we really cant take him anywhere

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

A bit sad - we always think of our dogs ready and willing to follow us over the hill.

How old is the dog? Is it worth starting at 101? That's what I had to do.

Though my circumstance is a bit different I consulted the on line pros to get some ideas. As you know they didn't really work. My dog loves the car - it was his behaviour that I had trouble with. So...in came the medication for the long trips.
    :(:beaver: sort of a dog look

3. My dog is an American Blue Pitbull Terrier. He's so adorable, playful and fun to have around. He's not only a watch dog, but he's a companion and family breed dog. My dog Spike guards and protects my home in case of any intruders trying to invade my home.

Here's a picture of Spike

images.jpg

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  4. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

he is 5 years old

5. Northern Dancer

Yep...I think if I saw your dog I would respect his space too.:)

6. Northern Dancer

If he is five years old there is still time to train him - but it still takes time [to at least try]. I guess I shouldn't tell Natural Beauty that Pit Bulls are banned in the Province - unless blue?

7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

@BMWPOWER, any luck on training your dog :p

There are some obedience classes you can take your dog to which can be helpful if you don't know where to start.

Draft saved Draft deleted