1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Don’t climb big trees

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Alexandoy, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This is the advice of one native tribesman in a forest with a campsite at the foot of the mountain. He said that big trees are inhabited by 2 things – natural and supernatural. The natural are the insects like ants and spiders that can harm you. Sometimes there’s also a snake although it’s rare. And for the supernatural, there are invisible creatures that inhabit big trees and if you harm the tree, those creatures can do you harm as well. The advice is to be prudent when inside a forest because you don’t know what’s in store for you. IMG_6210 big tree.JPG

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

That's an awesome looking tree! That tree looks old enough to have lots of spirits living in it.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I would probably advise against climbing anything if you are like me. I might have gotten a little better balance and things throughout the years but I still feel like a stumbling fool most of the time. But yes, always be safe when climbing.

Draft saved Draft deleted