1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Don't Ignore The Warning Signs

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by 2sweed, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

When on a camping or hiking trip into the State and National Parks, be sure to not let foolishness ruin your trip. Read the signs and heed the warnings about the weather conditions and wildlife in the area. Always be alert to the possibility of a wild animal attack or that barrier ahead is there for a good reason.

This website I am providing a link to has many true stories of accidents that happened do to people not paying attention to the warning notices or the signs, or not watching where they were walking or standing. I hope that by sharing this information a few more adventurous people may be spared from serious injury or death. Wild animal attacks for the most part are not included in the reasons listed, as many are a case of being in the wrong place at the right time. A bad combination in the wilderness.

http://faculty.deanza.edu/donahuema...camping,backpacking,climbingandmountaineering

What do you think?

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Wow, I had no idea that rescue teams cost so much. I guess the must involve dozens of searchers on the ground and help from above via helicopter or plane. Still, 100 grand... I wonder how long that goes on for before they give up.

Draft saved Draft deleted