1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

eating on campouts.

Discussion in 'Food' started by sea_goin_dude, Sep 14, 2014.

1. sea_goin_dude

sea_goin_dude Novice Camper

while i was in the scouts it always seemed that we had a bit of sand in our eggs. we were so tired and having fun so it really didn't matter. another thing, it seemed to always rain on us. One night it rained all night and some of the guys tents were flooded out and we had to move them together in a larger tent. But like I said we were having a good time so it didn't really matter and we were always ready to go again next time.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Yep, I am sure anyone who has gone camping has plenty of stories about food that hasn't been cooked quite right and nasty rain storms. But that is all part of the fun in camping in my opinion. You may as well stay home if little things like that are enough to spoil your trip.

3. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

Its like the rain storms have a habit of ruining the day of camping. You just have to count your blessings when you are able to eat a good meal. Weather just bites when you are everywhere on your travels.

4. weekender

weekender Newbie

One of the best parts of camping out are the moments when you have to set up an open fire for cooking using the available wood, twigs, or dried leaves to create a cooking fire. I find this really fun as this particularly activity does not happen on a regular basis when living in the city. The fun is doubled when we cook fish we caught or some foul or rabbit we hunted.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

I don't know how to camp nor setup of fire. I truly don't have anywhere I can go since I don't have any transportation.

6. Sweetkymom

Sweetkymom Newbie

My husband cheated and packed his camping stove when we all went camping. He cooked sausage, eggs and bacon for 15 people. The more memorable part of our trip was burnt marshmallows falling from our sticks before we could eat them! I did pick up a few from the ground and ate them, after wiping the dirt off.

Draft saved Draft deleted