1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Evaluating Camp...

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:peeking:THIS IS A CAMP SKILLS INSTRUCTIONAL MODULE
    upload_2017-9-7_13-36-2.jpeg

A QUESTION WAS ASKED OF ME THE OTHER DAY. "DO YOU EVER EVALUATE YOUR SELF/CAMP AT THE END OF A TRIP?"

I'm pleased to say that I do. Why? Because it makes me a skilled camping guy AND it contributes to my knowledge and more especially my personal satisfaction.

Here are the questions that I ask and think about. What went well? What didn't go so well?

How could I improve? I'm particularly critical of the equipment that I took. I do the evaluation at the end of camp and I make sure I make notes on my equipment check list for future reference.

These tips help you become a pro.

For example: I took a three season sleeping bag on my first trip in May. It was okay but a winter one would have made me a lot more comfortable. So...Come time to go to Camp Wendake at the end of August into September I decided to take a winter bag. Smart choice - camp was the coldest on record. This is called learning from experience and more especially putting your learning into practice.

upload_2017-9-7_13-45-50.png

2sweed and Madman4800 like this.
  2. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Do you mean things like don't take your rake to cook hot dogs on if your going camping alone? :rolleyes::rolleyes:o_O

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7fcx0976iLu2aBfO_AeLy5Ecjd5spS-RwSJAUiivokFgmOXO0.jpg

killeroy154 and Northern Dancer like this.
  3. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

We do some evaluation of campsites that went to but it's not a formal evaluation. It's like giving an opinion in discussion while on our way back home. Yeah, it is more of a conversation like what points can you give for the camp regarding comfort and convenience, are the facilites clean, etc. And that discussion will determine if we would go back to that campsite. One of our favorites is the Nature's Discovery camp in the nearby province which has clean facilities. Bathroom and toilet is very important for us especially if we would spend the night there. Take note that we are not boy scouts anymore so prefer a campsite that is comfortable enough and with facilities as well not to mention the security of the place.

killeroy154 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted