1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Everton Camping...

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...got any Scouters in Babble Land? Scouters from Canada, USA, Europe anywhere else?

We had a fabulous weekend at Camp Everton - fantastic weather and fabulous program. The theme was native. One hundred and forty two in camp.

2m7epaa.jpg 23r1nvp.jpg 28clpgl.jpg Rovers [Senior Scouts 18 - 24] camp site.

xne0s1.jpg

2yualw3.jpg

Just a tad of luxury and easy living. :happy:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Is that your teepee you were talking about?

3. Northern Dancer

Yes, I have two of them - this one is my preference. I have one of those Sportsman Guide T-pee [Outdoor Gear] but it is not as good as this one.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

When I read the alert for your reply to my other post I thought you were talking about putting people who committed crimes against humanity in this lovely tent and was a bit confused until I saw it was a reply to that moon discussion. How did you put those bear emblems onto your tent? That is something that I would like to do to make my camping gear unique but I would be worried about making leaks.

5. Northern Dancer

We sure have a lot of interesting threads - keeping them straight can be fun.

I use standard crafter's paint like "Color" Factory that you can purchase at any Dollar Store. I simply cut out a pattern, trace the same, and then paint it in. I did this on my t-pee for effect but I don't generally recommend it because you have to re-paint it periodically to keep it looking good. It has not effected the material in terms of keeping out the rain; the crafter's paint is water based.

All my equipment has my logo on whether it be a bear, a paw, wolf or moose but usually the bear.
    :bear:

Draft saved Draft deleted