1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Fall Foliage

Discussion in 'Nature' started by actadh, Sep 15, 2015.

1. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Oh yes, the colors are extremely vibrant around here in the fall. They trees have not quite started changing color but when they do it will look something like this

Autumn-4.jpg

Tim31556 likes this.
  3. Living in the drier part of the western U.S., the fall colors are heavily oriented to yellow. As in aspens among the conifers with shrubs of various colors in some places. Nothing like the photo from @campforums. Still its a lovely time of year. I have an upcoming blog post titled "The Colors of Autumn" scheduled for September 28 that provides some ideas and resources for finding and following the fall colors. While researching the article I came across a U.S. map (contiguous 48 states anyway) that predicts the progression of the color change. So far it looks pretty good from where I live. check it out at smokymountains.com/fall-foliage-map/ Watch explore.globalcreations.com/theblog/ for my blog post (if you want you can subscribe and get the post by email when it is released).

4. Onatah

Onatah Novice Camper

We spent almost every day since the end of last winter cutting down oaks and standing dead wood in order to allow our maples and other trees to thrive. Right now, we have a lot of dropping leaves but not a whole lot of color just yet. Soon!

1fallheron.jpg

Tim31556 likes this.
  5. mett1982

mett1982 Novice Camper

I'm from Central New York. I think around here has the best fall foliage. Visiting the Adirondacks during the fall can really take your breath away. Especially if you are on top one of the mountains and you get that view of the valley below. It really is a site to behold. My dad always had said being from around here and getting to see this kind of beauty is a privilege. When fall comes around he also says it's like looking at a bowl of Trix. I love living up here. I will take the landscape of woods, valleys and mountains or the landscape of a city, any day!

6. I have to agree with @mett1982. I've lived for a time in both West Virginia (Elkins) like @actadh and New York (Albany area). The Adirondacks are truly spectacular in the fall. However the colors in Vermont and New Hampshire are right up there as well. I never got across the border into Canada much, but I see by @campforums photo that the debate over who has the best colors will continue.

Draft saved Draft deleted