1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Favorite Camp fire snack

Discussion in 'Food' started by campforums, Oct 13, 2012.

1. charity

charity Newbie

Smores are awesome. I also like just plain roasted marshmallows, sometimes I like to burn them on purpose. Seems to give it a little added flavor. :)

2. TabithaW

TabithaW Newbie

Nothing is better than a toasted (burned even better) marshmallow on a stick! Over this past Christmas holiday, my husband made a marshmallow on a stick over our gas stove top, in our home. I don't know why I never thought to do it before. It was one of those marshmallow peeps in the shape of a snowman- delish!

3. hissae2

hissae2 Newbie

Smores would have to be my favourite for sure! They taste great, I always make them when we go camping. Unlike some of you I hate them when they're burnt, so I often find myself wasting marshmallows and starting over. I also like hotdogs when I go camping too, it's much more difficult for me to burn them and they taste great over the campfire so I usually make them every time too. :D

4. Karto

Karto Newbie

Roasted marshmallows yeah!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I love them.

I'd never go camping without a pack of them haha! They make the experience so much more enjoyable.

5. Mr. Blue

Mr. Blue Newbie

For campfire I eats lots of junk food. :p

For main meals, I usually like to have a tiny BBQ mostly with hotdogs, but I've actually eaten a hamburger at a campfire before. For desert I do the classic marshmallow roasting except I add a tiny dab of syrup. Even thought of bringing a doughnut once. I eat way too much on trips.

6. Steph741

Steph741 Newbie

I know it's boring but I personally like smores. They are my favorite snack when it comes to camping. I also like roasting hotdogs over the campfire. Nothing like smores and hotdogs to end the night!

Draft saved Draft deleted