1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Favorite Camping Dessert (besides s'mores)

Discussion in 'Food' started by tess pfeif, Aug 18, 2014.

1. tess pfeif

tess pfeif Newbie

What are your favorite camping desserts? I guess you include s'mores, but I'm looking for some more interesting/creative ideas!

Some of my favorites are....

Camp Arrowhead Banana Boats (the camp where I used to work's all time favorite)
    -Choclate chips, 1 banana, a few marshmallows,and tin foil are all you need! Wrap them up in tin foil and set them by the the embers for about 5-10mins, or until the chips and marshmallows are fully melted. This is super easy to do and requires little prep/clean up. Just remember to use a fork because it can get messy!

Grilled S'more Brownie
    -These are a little bit more "high maintenance" than the banana boats, but still very yummy.If you have a cast iron skillet, this is a must try! Place box brownie mix into greased skillet and top with graham cracker crumbs, place chocolate chips on tops (about 2-3 handfuls), enough marshmallows to cover it (remember to leave enough room for them to swell-you can use mini or regular sized marshmallows but avoid the giant ones). Wait until the marshmallows are browned and dig in!

What some of your favorites? I know dutch oven crisps, pies, and cakes are a favorite but have yet to find a good, easy enough recipe to use while camping!

2. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

I really like the soft and chewy chocolate cookies. I think the cookies and the smores are a delicacy to serve people.

3. BMWPOWER

BMWPOWER Moderator Staff Member

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

My favorite is probably chocolate rice krispies. Because there are not really any ingredients that require special treatment other than the butter it makes them a great camp recipe. I usually cook them over the fire in a large pot but any type of camp stove should work just fine also. Then you can eat them right out of the pot with a spoon or in a cup since it might be a bit difficult to spread it on a pan, wait for them to cool and then cut them into squares like you normally would.

5. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

chocolate rice krispies sound tasty. I don't know if there is one with chocolate and peanut butter. I love those treats there many stores that have them on sale.

Draft saved Draft deleted