1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Finding a farm of plantation

Discussion in 'Food' started by Alexandoy, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

Pardon me if this sounds unethical. When I was a boy scout, one of our ritual when arriving in the campsite is to roam for resources. More often than not, there would be a farm or an orchard nearby that has no caretaker. And if that happens, you can guess that we would have a good supply of root crops or fruits like banana or papaya. And if we were lucky that we chanced upon a coconut plantation then we surely would find a way how to get those coconuts up the tall tree. Have you experienced "stealing" farm produce when camping?

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

No I never have done that. But if I had a farm, and some younger people camping near by did pick a few fruits or vegetables from me, I probably wouldn't say a word or get upset about it.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Appreciating there are different circumstance, I live in a land of plenty and other to be mischievous that would be unnecessary. In fact I've been embarrassed because of our abundance.

Draft saved Draft deleted