1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Finding a good Tent

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Saul Goodman, Jan 20, 2015.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

:greedy:

Those are the kind of reports I like to hear. Every time some one wants to talk to me about "best" I challenge them just like you. I was thinking the other day while walking through a major player camp supply store how ridiculous some of the prices were. More than that I thought how preposterous some of the expensive junk they want me/us to purchase.

But...having said that I got caught up with it for awhile before I shook my head and came to my senses. There is a whole lot of stuff designed to make things easier - but I'm not sure why.

2. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

Ever look at Hilleberg tents? Love their designs. But I don't care if they'd stop a tornado - they've got to have THE most overpriced gear anywhere.

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I had never looked into that brand before, but I really like how a lot of their tents have a separated entrance area. I can imagine that this would be extremely useful for keeping your dirty boots and shoes outside of the tent while it is raining and also making sure that they do not fill up with water as it rains through the night. Really a great innovative idea, I haven't seen any other tents with it done as well as they did here.

Draft saved Draft deleted