1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Finished. Great Read.

Discussion in 'Nature' started by killeroy154, May 10, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

7b78e05d148de5818b9c25be5189d449.jpg Woke up early with a pressing weight on my stomach, so I thought I would finish my book. I am a slow reader and very destructive to poor paper products. Despite the coffee stains and edge crumpled pages, this book was excellent. I felt that i was on the adventure with Kyle Rohrig.

Northern Dancer and Bibsoutdoors like this.
  2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I'll have to check that one out. Nothing better than when a writer swoops you into the story with them and takes you along for the ride. Love that.

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Just ordered from Amazon. Will be here in a few days. Looking forward to the read! Thanks Killeroy.

4. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I will be looking this one up as I love true adventure stories. I am reading one of my favorite books that I have read lots of times before. It is called; Crazy-White Man by Richard Morenus. About a writer from New York who left it all behind to live in the Canadian wilderness for 6 years on a island on a remote lake. This area was located northwest of the upper point of Lake Superior, below Whitfield and east of Winnipeg.

Question: In the book he talks about the weather in the winter time dropping to 60 degrees below zero. He wrote this book in 1952. I was wondering if the temps still drop that low in the wintertime? If so how could someone spend time out on trap lines and such without severe frostbite or worse due to the extreme temps on a regular basis?

Everytime I read this book I find more interesting facts about northern Canada and surrounding areas. It is a great book.

Draft saved Draft deleted