1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Firefox display issue

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by MacGyver, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

Firefox_Glitch.png

Curious if anyone else is seeing the buttons display like this on Firefox. The buttons display OK on Opera and Chrome here.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...you mean the white little lights that dart across the top of the page? Yep.

3. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

No - the buttons for formatting text, adding images, etc. above the reply box. I guess I could have made that clearer in my OP.

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

No - I can't say that I have. I get use to the changes they make, and when I get them down pat - they change them again. :banghead:

5. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Which version of Firefox are you using?

Also are you using any blocking addons?

6. campforums

I editing some configuration files on the server which I hope fill fix it. Still not sure why though since it is working in FF for me :(

7. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

That's interesting. The week before last, I thought it might be my Firefox was out of date, so I upgraded to the latest version. With no change, I just figured it was something in my XP machine that was the culprit. But, since that PC went bye bye last week, I'm now on a W7 computer and there's still no change here on Firefox's latest version. I'm still trying to figure out a lot of the stuff that's changed since XP, so I guess I'll add the display thing to the list.

8. campforums

That is strange, I tested it and it is working fine for me on Firefox:

Capture.PNG

Question thought, do the icons in the top bar still display correctly for you? These ones, next to the words within the black navigation menu:

icons.png

I was going to say it must have something to do with your browser or PC settings but then it made no sense that you had the same thing happening on 2 different PCs.

9. campforums

WAIT! I think I may have figured out the issue. Does the page by any chance look like this in FF (notice the different font)?

Capture.PNG

It should look like this:

Capture2.PNG

If that's the case then can you please go in Firefox to Tools > Options > Advanced and make sure that "Allow pages to choose their own fonts, instead of my selections above" is checked.

10. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

"Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice. Got it checked, at least on the work PC with no change. I'll see what I get when I get home.

Edit: The top bar icons are doing the same thing here.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
  11. campforums

Dang, I was almost sure that would fix it. Any luck with the other PC?

Also do you have any browser extensions installed?

12. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

Nope - same at home as it is at work. I do have NoScript running at home, but I allow everything.

I wish I was more adept at HTML - I looked at the page source on both Firefox and Opera and, while most of it's beyond me, I did notice that there's at least one difference. Line 18 looks like this in Firefox:
    HTML:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=andy_similarthreads,attachment_editor,bb_code,discussion_list,editor_ui,message,message_user_info,quick_reply,share_page,thread_view&amp;style=9&amp;dir=LTR&amp;d=1420906927" />
    and this in Opera:

HTML:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css.php?css=bb_code,node_category,node_forum,node_list,node_page,profile_post_list_simple,sidebar_share_page,wf_default&amp;style=9&amp;dir=LTR&amp;d=1420906927" />
    Could that be at the root of this?

13. campforums

14. MacGyver

MacGyver Survivalist

Yep - that was the same page on each browser.

Ladies and gentlemen - we have success. I know people were losing sleep over this, but bootstrapcdn.com being blocked was the culprit. Rest easy now. :) Erik - thanks for seeing this through

campforums likes this.
  15. campforums

Thank you as well, I was wondering before what the issue was and wanted to make sure it wasn't effecting other users as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.