1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Firing a gun in the woods

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Alexandoy, Mar 24, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I had several experiences in hunting expedition but mostly shooting birds. I enjoy using the air gun of my brother because I feel like a sharpshooter. Hunting with guns is only for the hunter with enough knowledge about guns. When I was younger, there were several instances where a hunter would hit his fellow hunter simply because he lacked the knowledge of using the gun properly. As the first basic precaution of bird hunting, always shoot upwards as if you are shooting the sky. Firing your fun in a level or downward direction may hit a person, more likely your companion. Especially when using high caliber rifles intended for deer and wild boar, always remember the risk of hitting a person since your shooting direction is not upward.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Guns leave me cold. Apparently they leave a lot of others dead cold.

Draft saved Draft deleted