1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Fishing ?

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Toxique, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

Does anybody else fish when they go camping? My uncle loves fishing so every time we go camping he brings enough fishing polls for the whole family so me and my cousins always go fishing on the side of the dock or sometimes on boats.

2. jacktheking

jacktheking Newbie

I never ever fish before...

3. Toxique

Toxique Newbie

I only recently started fishing and I enjoyed it a lot. I recommend that you give it a try.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I've been a few times but haven't had much luck getting a bite, maybe its just the places I'm fishing. Any tips for luring them in?

5. robertson123

robertson123 Newbie

I have tried fishing i found it boring to be honest with you im a impatient person so i havent got the time for fishing:)

6. Foster

Foster Newbie

I don't. I only fish when on a boat.

7. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Ocassionally I have fished on a camping trip, but generally my fishing expeditions are entirely seperate to my camping time. It just works out better that way.

8. joker

joker Newbie

I tried fishing once but I fell in the water. Luckily I knew how to swim and had a life jacket on.

9. TABL

TABL Explorer

We fish! Not me, but my husband and my kids do. We also are lucky and have a pond in our backyard where we are able to fish! We don't eat fish... We just throw them back.

10. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

Definitely!

We do a lot of fishing in general....not just when camping, too. It's not uncommon to go out for a few hours or an all day trip to fish. We tend to catch a lot and then spend the next few hours butchering and fileting them. We have huge fish fries and freeze the rest.

11. charity

charity Newbie

That is the main reason we go camping is to fish. We fish even when not camping. It is one of my husbands favorite hobbies. We don't usually fish for food, just for fun. My husband throws them back if they are small, occasionally he will keep the bigger fish.

12. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

If I am going camping and am bring a fishing pole. I got a pole and small fishing kit with all the accessories I will need. I usually like to fish from the shore ,but if someone brings a boat I will go on it to fish from it.

13. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

When I was young our dad took us fishing and while it was okay to fish, I enjoyed exploring the woods and stream beds more. However, now that I am older I would really like to get back into fishing. It seems a lot of people like fly fishing, but I always enjoyed using a spinner outfit.

I am hoping this summer to be able to take fishing gear along on our camping trips and trying to catch some bass or trout. The hard part is getting one of my friends to re-teach this older lady on the points of how to tie the hook on the fishing line. At least I am not afraid to handle worms and can bait my own hook.

14. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

I know just the thing for you - fly fishing. You may not catch anything, but the hilarious stories you'll have to tell will more than make up for that.

Draft saved Draft deleted