1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Fly Your Own Flag or Penant

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Flag or Pennant.

You will always know that I'm camping in a certain area because I always fly my own flag. Not just any one [I have 28 different flags] but my own personal flag. It's kinda gives me the feeling that I have arrived and have taken over. "I claims this here land in the name of me!" Well, I'm not quite that egotistical.

But as well as being fun it does have some practical uses. It identifies my campsite should someone be looking for me. [And that has happened.] It can be a marker for the children and youth and it forms a bit of my camping ritual. It's a simple, fun and a great rainy day project before you heading out.

So how do you do it? Simple, You go to your closest fabric store and pick out cloth that is flag like. Choose a light background colour rather than a dark one so your design can be easily seen. You sew the edges - or in my case I use that fabric sealer stuff you use with an iron. I put a piece of cloth at the fly and punch two holes to I can attach it to a line.

Pick a totem animal or symbol, cut out a pattern, and carefully draw the same on the cloth where you want it. Using any of the crafter acrylic paint your design in. Avoid the use of lettering because it is only read from one side. Using a pattern will assure that it looks the same on both sides.

Let me know how your project turns out.

IMG_0801.jpg

And then again...

I saw one pennant that had the date in a circle in the middle and all the signatures of the group written on it. There it was flapping in the breeze.

Do you own thing :) .

If you are tad lazy take along your nation's flag, or state, province, or territory - whatever. :confused:

killeroy154 likes this.
  2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I've enjoyed flying my flag, it gives people something to break the ice with when they stop by the first time. efad273a72f9bced02296f4f8a24f61d.jpg d2a164816e12ad5841c5d50d3423988c.jpg

I've taken the theme from my out door name (Bibsoutdoors) It's fun to put patches on from different parks or forests I've stayed at, that is if you can find any. Wish more people would do this. Bibs

Bibsoutdoors

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

+++++++++++++++++++++ >:)
    EXCELLENT @bibscoutdoors! You need to ask Erik [founder of this site] for a Camping Babble Patch - there are free. Nice to see you on line.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

@Northern Dancer. . .Thank you for the heads up on the camping babble patch. I've made contact, now we will see how this plays out!

Bibsoutdoors

Draft saved Draft deleted