1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Foods to take that do not require cooking??

Discussion in 'Food' started by ashley0323, Sep 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

We are trying to prepare our next trip. We have three young kids, our oldest being 5. If you have kids, you know that sometimes patience doesnt exist, especially if the kid is "hungry", and when they want food, they want it NOW, and do not want to wait until its cooked. Plus, while camping, it sometimes takes longer to cook on the fire. What are some foods to take that do not require cooking?? Just want to be prepared for those impatient hunger moments.

2. missyify

missyify Survivalist

My kids are 4 and under so yeah lol. We're also on the Auto Immune Protocol diet which is more strict than Paleo. Well, I guess we would be more on regular paleo if my youngest 2 weren't allergic to eggs and my littlest is allergic to soy and tree nuts as well. He also has severe eczema with probably more undiagnosed allergies as we're finding out... So really we only snack until food is ready. We take stuff like seeds, applesauce, apples, bananas, oranges, safe beef jerky, dried fruit, baby carrots, celery, etc. Packing food is ridiculous. I wish I could throw some astronaut ice cream at them and call it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I like sandwiches with veggies and deli meat as well, just make sure to keep it cold if you aren't eating it for a while. Also what's nice is you still have the option of making grilled sandwiches if time permits.

Draft saved Draft deleted