1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

For Campers Who Like Pets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2sweed, Mar 8, 2015.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

While this may seem a bit different I know there are many cat and dog lover's on camping babble that might like the link to a site you or your children, might enjoy. It is a free site where you can adopt any breed of dog or cat for free. This of course is a very virtual pet that you can play with online. This site was put together by veterinarian who has made these pets very realistic. You can feed and water, play ball or give baths, take pet out for a walk where they go poo and many other activities, including breeding when they grow up.
    You can just go to www.FooPets.com

I adopted a black lab puppy. :cool:

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

It reminds me a lot of webkinz world, except more realistic and with better graphics. How is your black lab doing? Has the site been helping to convince you to get a real pup?

@shmuel.mule

NewLoginScreenwithDeluxeButtom.jpg

3. 2sweed

Well yes in a way I have been thinking about getting a real one some day, but I am having a hard time deciding which color to get, be it black or golden or chocolate or white, they are all so cute.

4. campforums

Well I think that the color isn't too much of a big deal as long as it has a nice personality.

5. 2sweed

I agree with you 100%, but I also like to decide what color appeals to me the most and I like the golden and black labs, the best. Another factor is the price which goes up with the more interesting colors of the dogs. The dark brown ones can be priced extremely higher then the traditional black or golden lab. But as you say the personality is what attracts you to a certain puppy in the first place. Those adorable eyes and cute little facial features that win your heart to the point of picking up that puppy and going home, all the while hoping your ready for all the work involved in the caring for this cute little bundle of joy.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlg99xipAo5wJUSKuHfy-QpmBTOCDxfmekPykvMTb_RLDUDOXZ8Q.jpg upload_2015-3-24_21-38-9.jpeg

6. campforums

Oh, I didn't know that the price of the dog changed a lot with the color but I guess that makes sense since some people will have preferences and certain ones are more rare.

You know they do say that black goes with everything! :thumbsup:

7. 2sweed

campforums likes this.
  8. campforums

Looks familiar :p

9. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Pathfinder

Cute dogs. I wish I hadn't seen that video. Make me want to get another dog. I'll take a look at the virtual pet thing you mentioned in the OP. Not really into the virtual pet genre but ah, I got time to kill.

10. 2sweed

It is really a place for teens and such, but it is cute and interesting to see how such virtual pets are created and the things they can do. I have made a few new friends on site, although, when I tell them my age they come back with "You have got to be kidding." And i say, No I am not. :p:p:happy:

campforums likes this.
  11. 2sweed

My virtual black lab puppy is growing bigger. I also bought another puppy, a husky, which is also growing big very fast. It is lots of fun for children and teens, I am just amazed what a bit of computer skill and imagination can create.

12. campforums

Sounds like Resse (@Northern Dancer) has a friend :p

13. 2sweed

He meaning Reese, has two imaginary friends, the black lab puppy and the new golden lab in my imaginary journey. Thus he can share with them his thoughts about the trip. :cool::p

14. 2sweed

These are pictures of my imaginary dogs. Much easier to care for than real dogs, but harder to find and they don't come when call. The Black Lab is called "Smokey" and the S. Husky is called "Patches."

Husky dog.jpg black lab 2.jpg

15. campforums

Sounds like you need to do some virtual training...

Draft saved Draft deleted