1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

For tent enthusiasts...

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Northern Dancer, Jul 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

‘Field Candy’ Launches Dazzling Tents For US Market

cow-tent1-700x369.jpg

These aren’t cheap tents. We have not yet seen them in person, but Field Candy models range from around $300 to over $600 for top-tier, two- or three-person tents.

The construction is basic, and some of the designs downright absurd, but in a market long dominated by understated design and function over style, the brand is a departure from the norm.

House-Of-Cards-700x368.jpg
    :) Would I purchase one?
    Of course - just to wow my colleagues.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Haha, totally awesome. I remember something similar to this being posted about tents with crazy graphic designs on them. Is this a competing brand?

3. Northern Dancer

Yep! But now there are in the States...Canada too you say?

4. campforums

What was the name of that other brand? I forgot

5. Northern Dancer

I'll check but I believe it is the same brand (company) as the ones we displayed before. They are now or at least selling in the states. I would consider one - just for something to talk about.

6. campforums

Ah okay, thanks

7. L_B

L_B Explorer

Oh these are so cool. I love them.

8. Northern Dancer

Certainly a different take on camping in a tent. They have other interesting suggestions too - look them up just for the fun of it.

L_B likes this.
  9. Joseph Hadnett

Joseph Hadnett Novice Camper

Field Candy had a pretty successful equity crowdfunding campaign recently. More than double their original goal. We're doing the same at Thermo Tent at the moment if anyone would like to check it out. I do love the customisation element of field candy tents.
    fieldcandy.jpeg

10. Northern Dancer

Interesting stuff along with several other patterns - they are now in the United States.

11. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie Novice Camper

All evening I will be thinking of the design I want. Thanks Northern Dancer :). Did you buy one? what did you choose? Not the cheese I hope the mouse is too silly and kind of disturbing. I think I would want a tree graphic but then again I just learned this is possible so maybe I'll change my mind a hundred times. Oh how about a fruit loops box or an air balloon. See, you have created a monster by introducing me to Field Candy.

12. Northern Dancer

I think we are kindred spirits. I deliberately leave my credit card at home and limit my cash when I enter any camping store or supply place. I know that they sell these kind of tents in the States but there are not in my neck of the woods yet. Would I buy one? Probably - just to keep my colleagues amazed. Let me see...I'm a bit of a book worm and the library shelves would be of interest. (not shown on this page) o_O

13. Northern Dancer

fullybooked0002_72dpi_3e60451d0bcb29bfe1025ad0b28b6ce4-1.jpg
    snugasabug0002_cedf8ba251b1432c5cf618937922063d-1.jpg
    I tell ya...they are tempting.

14. Joseph Hadnett

Joseph Hadnett Novice Camper

Tents and books just go together. We were on a photoshoot on the side of a cliff here in Eire so for lunch I just closed myself up inside the tent to read Terry Pratchett. Never would have thought acoustic insulation could be of so much use! :)

15. CherylTorrie

CherylTorrie Novice Camper

I love the quilt. You don't know how often I have been quilting inside of a tent because the weather wasn't quite right for exploring but I had material and a needle and a great idea for a quilt. The book is great too but maybe too predicable. I thought of a big red cooler last night. (I love red) it would be fun to set up two or three on a site and just watch the reactions. :) Still thinking of designs but off to work. I hope I don't think a calculator would look good on a tent but I might. It's everyday things that catch the eye when camping.

Draft saved Draft deleted