1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

For The Love Of Wolves

Discussion in 'Nature' started by 2sweed, Apr 5, 2014.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Something like this tent. privacy tent.gif

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I see your point...I guess I've never really thought about it. And your are right...I've been caught in a downpour. I'm gonna tell yah, holding an umbrella and trying to do your business is a skill in-its-self :bag: .

3. Northern Dancer

2r5fhj6.jpg This is the kind that I have [at base camp].

4. 2sweed

I like your model better because it provides extra room that would be helpful for bathing or changing from a wet swimming suit, without getting your tent floor wet. What brand is this one?

5. Northern Dancer

Good question...hold on...I just check my equipment room [next door to my downstairs office] and find out. :finger:

Music is on - just pretend - the camp song - "I'm dreaming of a Green Summer"...just like the ones I use to know...

I'm back...I've just gonna get that room organized better.

Anyway...It is a Kinbrook manufactured by Broadstone [Utility Shelter] it's 7 feet long, 3.6 feet wide and 7 feet tall and has two rooms. It is a multi- purpose piece of equipment - you can use it for a shower or add a portable toilet. I don't use it as a shower but I did build a portable sink.

6. 2sweed

I am going to check into this tent as well. It would be a handy addition in many ways. Thanks for sharing this bit of info. In the tent postings I ask if you had ever seen or heard of fiberglass tents (material) not the poles. Just wondering if it would make a good winter type of shelter. The one I linked to has no windows. Never heard of this type before and not sure if it would be a healthy choice. :)

7. Northern Dancer

That's a new one for me too. My experience tells me that a winter tent with no windows is a bit suspicious in that it is imperative that there is proper venting. I know that the old canvass tents had little venting - usually a small opening at the top of the doors and at the top of the pole. I'll look this one up - I'm rather intrigued.

Draft saved Draft deleted