1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Forest with mosquitoes

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Alexandoy, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

I used to be adventurous when it comes to camping that I was not choosy of the location of the campsite. There was a campsite where we had to walk 4 hours to reach it. But in this age of dengue and the recurrence of malaria, I am now selective with the campsite. Most forested campsite are infested with daytime mosquitoes which are potential carriers of the dengue virus. Just be aware of that danger for your protection.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

The mosquito has been a creature that has plagued humankind forever. The fear in this neck of the woods is not malaria but West Niles Disease.

I really like the sharing you do - it is a whole different environment that many of us would be unaccustomed to. It is interesting to see the differences, not only in equipment but also attitude and practice. Thank you @Alexandoy for sharing your many experiences with us.

Draft saved Draft deleted