1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Frying on stone

Discussion in 'Food' started by Alexandoy, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

This is a trick I’ve learned during my scouting days. Not to brag but I had been an assistant scoutmasster. When in the woods, I suppose you don’t have a stove. Gather 3 big stones and place them in a triangle position. Place the pot on top of the 3 stones so it will rest on the edges. Start a fire at the center and you have your stove. For the frying, select a stone with a larger top, preferably a flat top. That flat top will be the frying pan. When the fire is up for the pot on top of the 3 stones, crack the egg on the flat top (that is beside the pot). That heated stone will cook the egg. But, of course, you have to clean the stone first and use some drops of cooking oil for better frying. How about frying a hamburger? That would be perfect.

Madman4800 likes this.
  2. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I have still yet to do this, and I have always wanted to try it. Now that I think about it I am not sure I have ever really been in the position to try it, being in such a hot place, but it would still be neat to try. I would try it with an egg if I had the choice.

Draft saved Draft deleted