1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Full Moon June 9th and A Toast.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bibsoutdoors, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Sometimes things just work out. At 2140 hrs tonight I watched the International Space Station go by. It came from WNW and traveled to the SE. Shinny and bright through its travels until just before it left the sun's reflection, then it turned red and dull in color, then it blinked out and was gone.

During all of this I was enjoying a very rare glass of Taylor Fladgate First Estate Reserved port and a Hoy de Monteray Excalibur Number 1 Maduro cigar.
    20170609_220443.jpg Sitting before a fire at the outdoor fireplace.
    20170609_220205.jpg
    As I enjoyed these two rare items the clock ticked towards 2230 hrs. Central time. At the magic hour (2230) I raised my glass to a beautiful full moon, offered a wish of health and safety to those in outdoor settings and forests of North America and proclaimed CHEERS! Returning to the chair I had set up, i finished both my cigar and my glass of port before the fire. It was a stunning 56°F with just a smattering of little clouds floating in front of that great moon.

Yes, sometimes things just fall into place. Tonight was the first time since losing Snoop I felt whole and like I was part of something. I miss my dog, but I enjoy having friends, even friends I've never met whom share my same love of the outdoors.

I'm feeling human again.

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

The moon was great last night. Cheers good freind.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted