1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Fumigate with smoke to drive away insects

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Alexandoy, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

When you have selected a place to pitch the tent and you notice some pests around that is an indication that your shelter is not safe. Gather dried twigs and fresh leaves for creating smoke. Light up the twigs and place the fresh leaves on top to produce smoke that will drive away the little pests. That will assure you of a good night's sleep with no disturbance from ants and mosquitoes.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...and then again, a properly constructed tent will keep out pests. At the end of the day I turn a bright light on [usually my headlight] and use a fly swatter to rid my sleeping area of pests. I don't usually have a problem. I've never had a problem with ants either though your ants may not be like our domestic ants in this neck of the woods.

Draft saved Draft deleted