1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

GPS Navigation

Discussion in 'Trails' started by Camp6, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Interesting, my wife is something of a living GPS in the car. She's fun to watch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

2. to7update

to7update Novice Camper

Really @Bibsoutdoors? :) I suppose that is something genetic in them, they need to know where they are heading, and most likely they love giving us directions! :D

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Lol....you hit that nail on the head....lol!

4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I like my mobile GPS better than my wife giving directions, it does yell at me when I make a wrong turn.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I feel like I'm in church....AMEN!

killeroy154 likes this.
  6. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

It is kind of crazy to think about how far this particular technology has come, and it is probably up there with the most if that is a list somewhere. I am sure it will only get better, too.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Other than in my car, I don't own any GPS units. I do have on my wrist at all times an ABC watch from Protech, it used to be called a pathfinder but I think they were bought out by Casio.
    A = altimeter
    B = barometer
    C = compass
    I've owned three different Protech's and at no fault of the watch "lost" two of them. I use the compass feature a great deal. It has numbers of things it can do but for the sake of this conversation I'll leave it at I use the compass often. It is remarkable accurate and dependable. 36eaf66be5503a528181625864174529.jpg

8. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

There is even an app that you can download for finding star constellations. You just point the camera part of the phone toward the constellation, and it will show the star names and constellation. We downloaded one while out in the boat late one night. It was pretty cool laying in the boat floating around looking at the stars. Learning something.

9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

How can this phone change Protrek to Protech????? Technology...let's go back to the moon...well land on Mars.

Draft saved Draft deleted