1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Happy Queen Victoria Weekend...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, May 13, 2014.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Happy Queen Victoria Day Weekend to all the "Babblers" this side of the 49th American/Canadian parallel. Unofficially it is the beginning of the summer for us!

rvjcyt.jpg 5f3rps.jpg

campforums likes this.
  2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Yes, the first long weekend of summer is certainly something to celebrate. Do you have any big plans?

3. Northern Dancer

Not likely - I avoid this weekend like the plague and always have. I don't know what happens...but there sure a lot of interesting people who hit [often literally] the road. No...I just bide my time. It's not exactly the best weekend weather wise either.

4. campforums

Well I guess when you compare it to the rest of the summer it isn't great weather wise but after that winter and the weather we've had lately it just feels good to be outside without a jacket on! So I guess your summer starts next weekend then? Maybe you can at least view the fireworks from your window lol

5. Northern Dancer

I was out with Scouts Canada the first weekend in May. [They are starting to call me Noah - as it seems that every time I arrive I bring rain or other inclement weather.] I'm suppose to be away the fist and second week of June - still waiting for some confirmations. BUT...come the last week of June - specifically Monday June 23rd - things get serious.

6. campforums

Serious in what way? I hope I shouldn't have to expect any rain on those dates.

7. whnuien

whnuien Newbie

Wow enjoy the summer! Rainy season is just starting in my country. I giggled reading the title of this thread before because my daughter's name is Victoria :D

8. Northern Dancer

Serious in that I'm fully engrossed in the camping canoeing season - four and a half weeks straight with other dates added as the summer unfolds. I'm really blessed :) I know it and I enjoy it!

9. Northern Dancer

Nice to hear from you.

I'm sure that your daughter is a queen...at least a princess! :)

This national holiday in our country has been sort of a summer start - certainly in this area [we are rather large as you know] though our summer doesn't really begin until June 21st. This weekend things have been unusually cold and wet and the news people said that half of the Provincial Park registered campers didn't show up.

About this time out temperatures begin to climb but our spring is about two weeks behind. Fruit trees are usually in full bloom but not this year.

10. Northern Dancer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqn7oEATa3QizoN7yBXoXwkBGfLio4OwGYmfQLSrTJhKb6-St8.png

It's that time again...
    before Canada Day...
    YAHOO!!!

May two four weekend starts Canadian Summer
    Well...actually it is on May 18th this year, but like who cares?
    It's a holiday.

If her Majesty Queen Elizabeth can hang in she will beat Queen Victoria's record
    and will have the distinguished
    honour of being the longest reigning monarch.

yah...okay...
    But it's still a holiday...right?

Saul Goodman likes this.
  11. campforums

I think you are a bit early ;)

I am looking forward to seeing some fireworks

12. Northern Dancer

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhV5lSb8hscjyr0nAsRejqcI3_qdbR7pM2lxGCkCk27qAhcI4wLA.jpg
    Yes, yes, yes, indeed it is...
    VICTORIA DAY WEEKEND