1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hey Bibs

Discussion in 'Nature' started by killeroy154, Jun 11, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Didn't you just get some camping in? How was it?

Madman4800 likes this.
  2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Hi Roy,

No I didn't go. When we had Snoop, I wanted to go camping but couldn't. Now with Snoop gone I can go camping and I just don't feel like it. My wife spent this last week in South Dakota visiting her daughter, what a perfect time for me to get away but I just don't have the heart to do it. The evening of the 9th, I actually felt human, talked to my wife that next day and we made plans to go to Green Lake in Minnesota. She's going to take another week off sometime soon and we will drive there. Roy, I hope it's soon, I don't feel like going now. I really need to pry my butt out of this chair and get back out there. Maybe that will reset my bad attitude???!!!!!!
    223653f8-970c-429b-971a-7a03f0674497.jpg

Madman4800 likes this.
  3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

It's rough when you lose a pet, that is also a family member. You'll get back out there. There is still that burning ember in the old pot belly stove b66e1557810d7516177478478eff8abc.jpg All it needs is a little kindling.

Madman4800 and Bibsoutdoors like this.
  4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Oh
    Oh that's funny...potbelly...you hit the nail (in this case my belly) on the head! Ha ha! I'm sure you are right. Thanks for the laugh, probably wasn't your true target, but, sometimes things just work out! Lol!

Madman4800 likes this.
  5. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I hope you do get back out soon. I have driven past Green Lake many times but never visited. I would like to hear about that. Funny thing is that I only live about 30 minutes away from that area.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

6. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

b5897cf8-aed1-4a77-8f67-c0ceb79e4e8b.jpg @Madman4800

I promise, even just driving by you know more about this place than I do. This is my wife's suggestion, I'm willing to try anything. Ha ha. You say you have driven by it many times, I'm getting a feeling it's not a remote/secluded or even primitive area? Is this a developed campground? Oh crips, is this even a campgrounds? The more I ramble here the greater my fear that this is a developed area, you know, cabins, homes, roads and so on. Oh please, please don't tell me it's the latter.

One thing I know I would really enjoy, if it is indeed such a short distance from you, there must be a nice eating place close at hand, maybe if your schedule allows we could get together and have dinner with our wives?Possibly some other eating or activity related thing we could meet at shake hands and visit for awhile? Granted we may very well be too old for your likes and I understand that fully.

Give it a think over, I'll contact you later and give you the option of meeting up.

Madman4800 likes this.
  7. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I've never been to the camp grounds there but it's is outside the Twin Cities. There are a lot of places to go see. I will send you some info after work. Having dinner or something of that nature sounds great. I wouldn't say you are old just a well seasond camper and I sure don't feel like a young buck these days.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  8. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

No)))))))))))))))))))
    greenlakeassociation_img4-1.jpg
    IT'S A DEVELOPED AREA!!!!!
    Noooooooo)))))))))))))))))

9. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

You do have options. There's a paddle boat tour on the St Croix River, the pot holes at Interstate Park, William O'Brien State Park is near by and Wild River State Park and water park. Check mndnrstateparks

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  10. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I have a feeling the highlight of this week long adventure will be meeting you. I won't close my eyes to anything (especially the pot holes!)

Madman4800 likes this.
  11. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

You should think about spending a day up on the North Shore. It's about 2 1/2 hours north of you but we'll worth the drive. Gooseberry Falls,Tettagouche and Split Rock Lighthouse are absolutely amazing. Looking at that picture I'm trying to help as much as possible. I didn't think that area was developed that much. When are you guys going to be out this way.

12. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I'll send you a message tomorrow. We'll know more then. Thank you for your help by the way! Doesn't that place look absolutely civilized...icky! Ha ha

Madman4800 likes this.
  13. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I laughed so hard at your response to that photo. I'm sure you will enjoy yourself once you get in the car and take a short drive to a different location. Hahaha.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  14. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I'VE BEEN SO DUPED! Here is a message my wife sent me...

On Green Lake near Willmar. Ski show on the lake Friday night so don't plan anything for that night!
    Jill got there last night. All appliances available. I forgot to ask about sheets but will ask. She said bring books to read, water shoes to wear in the lake, and beach towels.

This isn't camping (or else my wife is trying to convert me over to old people "camping.") This is horrifying, will there be no end to my suffering? I told her if we do this, we are camping at Lacrosse, WI. to watch the bald eagles for two days.

This isn't a place to camp, it's a lake home, her sister will be there, we have the upstairs, sister will have the lower level. ARE YOU HEARING MY PAIN...I have to leave my pants on the entire time. Bring beach towels, for what? Do they have a whale watch and I'm invited to do a special guest appearance????

Oh this is going to suck, I don't care how you cut the pie. We'll probably have meals together were the woman will talk about quilting and I'll be in the corner tring to choke myself with a bowl of spaghetti OR WORSE...THEY'LL TRY TO FEED ME QUICHE!!!! Where is the humanity?

I'm as good as a dead man. Goodbye treacherous world. I feel my man card slipping from my grasp. I wonder if they'll invite me to go shoe shopping with them? I have no way to redeem myself, I would like my body cremated. Goodbye

15. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Aaww it'll be OK Bibs. Think about sewing some cool camping stuff or something. Think about it being quality time with family. You don't have to forage for food, build your own bug infested shelter, or beat on your big hairy chest to be a man. Maybe it's good to get in touch with, umm should I say your "feminine side"?

Draft saved Draft deleted