1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

High Hopes

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Bibsoutdoors, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I've not yet used this product, but I look forward to getting out and really putting it to the test.

PHYSICALLY REMOVES
    VIRUSES
    Like:
    Norovirus / Norwalk
    Rotavirus
    Hepatitis A virus

BACTERIA
    Like:
    E. coli
    Shigella
    Salmonella
    Cholera

PROTOZOA
    Like:
    Giardia
    Cryptosporidium
    Amoebae

PARTICULATE
    Like:
    Sediment
    Silt
    Dirt

FAST. SIMPLE. SAFE.

RAPID

2.5 liters per minute

FULL VIRAL
    PROTECTION

No more chemicals, prefiltering, bulbs, batteries or waiting

REVOLUTIONARY SELF-CLEANING PERFORMANCE

No backflushing or filter-scrubbing ever

TREATS UP TO

10,000+ L

10 years

x 60 days/year

x 4 people (4L/person/day)

= 9600

RUGGED CONSTRUCTION

0°C

WITHSTANDS
    FREEZING

&

DROP TESTING

6 ft. to concrete, as conducted
    by the MSR water lab

OUR GAME-CHANGING
    HOLLOW FIBER TECHNOLOGY

Unlike conventional hollow fiber technology, these advanced medical-grade fibers block viruses, the tiniest waterborne microbiological threats. 3bb6ae0decf4ae1df376f48d4241b2b9.gif

Made in the U.S., these fibers are also more durable than others. They’re not damaged by freezing, and in our water lab, the purifier withstood drop testing.*

THE ONLY PUMP THAT SELF-CLEANS

On every stroke, the purifier uses 10% of its water to flush the contaminants in its filter back into the source. This means, you’ll never hassle with backflushing or scrubbing cartridges to maintain its fast flow. 19898c9d047fa019d6433ededea4e850.gif

I emailed MSR and asked why some sites say it will purify 10,000 liters and other sites say 10,000+ liters. They wrote back and told me that when the pump hit the 10,000 liter mark, they stopped the test. They claim used by most backpackers/campers today the 10,000 liter mark is more than a life time of usage. Well, I can't argue that one way or another.

I do know if it lives up to the claims made of it, it will be one of the best on the market.

Now if these researchers can only come up with a away of getting rid of, pesticides, herbicides, mining run off, etc., THEN we'll be talking about a most remarkable product and piece of gear.

Never-the-less, as I said earlier, I'll be looking forward to putting the screws to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted