1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Homemade Meatless Sausage For The Trail

Discussion in 'Food' started by 2sweed, Mar 10, 2016.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

While we all love sausage with our breakfast it is not always easy to have on the trail. However, this recipe would work well for any meal, as well as, for a snack food. It is also a great substitute for a vegetarian diet. Well watch and try it if interested and post your comments below.

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

You are so clever @2sweed and if you were closer I would make you head of something or other. :)

I still rely heavily on the produced goods - there are so many more choices than ever before. But I have often thought of purchasing a dehydration oven or food processing gizmo or some other such device and make a real go at it. I have one camping buddy who does this and we like when he comes along because of what he brings. Geoff has even made his own canoe - sensational!

Can you imagine if our pioneer/fore-bearers had this technology what they might have accomplished?

:bear: Baden Bear says, "I think you just gave Northern Dancer and idea."

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

Well I do think that it might take some getting used to, but at the same time might provide a little sense of relief when out on the trail. I like my hiking food as much as the next person but switching things up is always good.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

The term meatless is obviously for the vegans. But I admire that sausage because it looks like hamburger. However I cannot say the same with the taste especially if you consider that it has no meat. Every time I would see fancy food for camping it makes me feel very old as if my style of camping is not anymore realistic. I have seen not only the food but also the equipment that are used for cooking the food. Maybe this is a sign of the times that I am already old.

Draft saved Draft deleted