1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

House Boat

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by campforums, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Wow, that is quite interesting and it sounds somewhat similar to what my old teacher did. Where do you plan on taking your boat on your first long trip? Is a 42 footer big enough to go out on the ocean comfortably? (I'm afraid I'm not too knowledgeable in this area)

2. bigteeth96

bigteeth96 Newbie

That sounds pretty cool. Does anyone know if you have to pay taxes if you live in a harbor or any other place? I would worry about inclement weather. But I would worry about that on land as well.

3. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Well it depends - if they're Romero zombies then being dead kind of prevents the whole bends thing. If they're 28D zombies then they've probably already eaten you and they can certainly swim very, very well. Also there are always floaters... so many floaters.

4. campforums

stock-illustration-22774020-cartoon-zombie.jpg

5. davbonpol13

davbonpol13 Newbie

Oh man! Some of the houseboats are beautiful! We have some good friends who are going to live this way as soon as their kids grow up. Me and my husband on the other hand are land lovers, we will live in an Rv. So it will be fun to meet up with them from time to time to spend time on the water!

6. campforums

That is interesting. Where do you keep your RV parked most of the time? Also, do you find that you have the opposite problem of most people who go camping to escape the city being that you get sick of it after a while?

7. tess pfeif

tess pfeif Newbie

Houseboats can be as big or small as you can afford-much like an apartment. It is also very economically affordable. Houseboats, once again like any house, can be as expensive or inexpensive as you choose. However, besides paying a marina space, people who own houseboats avoid real estate taxes, trash collection, recycling bills, landscaping bills...and on and on! There are still maintenance fees but plenty can be DIY projects, just like any home.

8. Profit5500

Profit5500 Explorer

What are the benefits in living in a boat house? I don't really see too often on TV about boat houses. If a zombie apocalypse were to happen would you be safe in a boat house? I don't think you would be safe at all if the zombies knew how to swim somehow. I would like to check a boat house out when the chance comes around.

9. campforums

Well, I think that it is mostly just for personal preference. Some people love the water and will spend every moment they can on a boat. I was recently talking to a cruise ship captain and it turns out that when he is not captaining a cruise ship he lives on a yatch. You would have thought that you would be tired of being on a ship after months of "captaining" but I guess not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.