1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

How do you haul all your camping stuff?

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by campforums, Jun 16, 2015.

?

How do you carry your camping gear?

1. Van or truck

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Trailer

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Roof rack

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. We are very cramped

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I was wondering how much gear most people usually bring with them on their outings and how you carry it all? Perhaps if you have a big trucks or depending on the number of people then you could hold it all. Otherwise, do you use a roof rack, U-haul like trailer, etc.?

2. raysuf

raysuf Novice Camper

We have a teardrop trailer that stays packed and ready to go at moments notice.

3. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I use every space in my van to get to base camp.
    I use a canoe to get what I need to the interior.
    I use a backpack cross country.

VCP = Van, Canoe and Backpack.

jt3tkz.jpg

campforums likes this.
  4. campforums

Cool, I don't see many of those around these days. Is it one of those old school style ones?

5. actadh

actadh Pathfinder

I use my car trunk when tent camping. I can fit a cot, camp chair, folding stool, tent, wood stove, firestarter and treated wood chips, a vintage suitcase that is weather resistant for clothes & meds, and a small cooler for food and water. My ukulele rides in the passenger seat. I have done it so often that it is easy to pack.

The travel trailer is small. I leave kitchen items in it such as pots and pans, and external items such water & sewer hoses stay in storage bins. Everything else comes out and goes into an outbuilding, or into the house such as clothes, towels, and food. The trailer gets cleaned, and then repacked the day before the next trip. I have found it is easier to prep when empty. It is harder to stow items in it between trips, and then have to work around stuff when trying to get ready.

6. Northern Dancer

UPDATE...

rolling-backpack.jpg

The Dixon rig costs $340 for the rolling, belt-connected frame. You strap a duffel bag or backpack onto the frame and then ostensibly hike and roll down the trail.

Notes the company, the "Rollerpack" is gentler to a trail or open space than the passage of pack animals, and it leaves no pollution behind.”

This is from the current issue of Gear Junkie.

I tell ya - when you think you have seen everything something new hits the market. :blackeye:

7. campforums

Strange.... I don't know how well that would work on rough terrain though. In my mind it looks more like something you would see people using to haul luggage around at the airport.

8. Northern Dancer

And just think...you can have your very own for a small sum of $340.00. Who in their cotton pickin mind would purchase such an item. The reality is there are an awful lot of people who have enough money to do just that.

Draft saved Draft deleted