1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

How much water do you take with you on the trail?

Discussion in 'Trails' started by ashley0323, Sep 17, 2016.

1. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

Do you take a bunch of water with you? As i'm sure everyone knows, water gets HEAVY if you bring too much, but it could be bad if you dont bring enough.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Well it depends the type of camping you are doing, if I am driving into my camp site I will just bring a few cases of water with me in my car. I can easily drink a few litres per day of water. If am backpacking or on a day trip I will probably bring less with me and use a filtration system. What sort of camping are you planning on doing?

3. JoAnn

JoAnn Newbie

I have personally always taken alot of water with me. I would rather have alot of water and it become heavy than not have enough water.

4. Jason76

Jason76 Novice Camper

Normally I only go for two or three hour hikes in mountains behind my home. In that case, there is usually no need for water. However, it's always good to take some.

5. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

There were no plastic water bottle during my younger years. What we have is tha metal canteen. One full canteet us enough for one person for a hike of 10 kilometers. But if the destination has a water supply, half a canteen will do. Now that mineral water is in fashion, it is more convenient to carry along a water bottle than a metal canteen.

Draft saved Draft deleted