1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

How Often Do You Camp?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Pzula, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Pzula

Pzula Newbie

Camping is a big hobby of mine and I try to camp as much as possible. It's hard to make the time to go on a quality camping trip, so I'm usually only camping every few months and on holidays. How often do you camp and do you wish you could camp more?

2. TABL

TABL Explorer

We are in upstate NY, so we only camp in the summer. (Except my daughter, who does winter camping with her Scouts!)
    We try to go at least twice a summer. It's not much-- but we are a very busy family with 4 kids, two of which are on sports travel teams in the summer. Free weekends are not easy to come by!
    My husband doesn't get vacation at his work, so we need to do Friday night- Sunday camping trips. Sometimes we'll add Friday in, but he doesn't get paid if he doesn't work so it's not common for us to do.

3. Amanda80

Amanda80 Newbie

We don't camp that often - I'd say maybe a few times a year. I grew up camping and love to take our children because it's so nice to get away from all the distractions (and electronics) of everyday life. Camping has allowed my husband and I to see large parts of the country that we otherwise couldn't have afforded to visit so, YES! I do wish I could camp more, because camping means vacation!

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

This is about the same thing as me. Living in norther climates makes it hard to get out in times other than the summer.

However one day I would like to try camping in the snow, but I'm sure it will require some special equipment and I should probably bring someone knowledgeable along.

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Newbie

I don't camp as often as I used to because I've been working more hours for the last 2 years. I would love to get back into the routine of camping during my daughter's summer school vacations again. Maybe this year I'll finally be able to take some time off. We have a big national park nearby, because I'm in Florida and nature is kind of our thing. But those short weekend trips to the park are no substitute for actually sleeping outdoors overnight and seeing stars that aren't blocked out by bright street lights, and hearing crickets and cicadas.

6. TABL

TABL Explorer

This weekend is supposed to be in the 40s, so my brother and his girlfriend are going camping! He said just for one night, but they are going to go hiking too. I think it would be fun, just not with little kids :)

7. Jessi

Jessi Novice Camper

I really don't go that often.

We may *actually* go full-on camping once a year or every couple years. More often, though, we just spend the day out on the lake or river instead and then go home at night. Or alternatively, we may go out night fishing and then go home in the morning.

8. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Aw, give them some time alone it will be sweet.

9. PAPA!

PAPA! Newbie

In my life i have been camping 4 times and my last time was in 2008.. I actually enjoy it but never been alone. Either been with me and my brother alone or parts of my family.

10. charity

charity Newbie

Our family usually goes camping at least 2 times a year. I love being outside in nature. My kids however, would prefer if we stopped camping all together and just went to a hotel somewhere. :p

11. TABL

TABL Explorer

Oh yes, I wouldn't go with them.... they are a new couple :heart: I'm so happy for him!

12. TabithaW

TabithaW Newbie

We only go 'real' camping about twice a year. We do, however, take a lot of day trips. Does that count? We take our canoe, or bike,s or just plain hike several hours in, prepare lunch, hang out a bit and hike back out. We try to 'day camp' about once a month. It's not a huge investment in time or money and gets the kids out of the house and off their video games.

13. Steph741

Steph741 Newbie

I don't go camping enough! I used to go at least 3-4 times a year when I was younger with my family. Now that my schedule has gotten more busy, I just can't find enough time to go. I hope to go this summer and make it an every year habit because I miss it so much!

14. lindsay365

lindsay365 Newbie

it has been long since i went for the last camp. this has been been because i mostly went camping when i was a little younger than i am. this used to happen as i could visit my geography teacher who liked the idea of going for camps this continued until i did my last paper. since then i do not remember attending any camp since i am highly scheduled to daily basis chores. this does not mean i have never went for any other kind of last month i attended a workers camp for our company. is that not a camp or what category of camp does it lie.
    [hr]
    it has been long since i went for the last camp. this has been so because i mostly went camping when i was a little younger than i am. this used to happen as i could visit my geography teacher who liked the idea of going for camps this continued until i did my last paper. since then i do not remember attending any camp since i am highly scheduled to daily basis chores. this does not mean i have never went for any other kind of camp last month i attended a workers camp for our company. is that not a camp or what category of camp does it lie.

15. Libragirl67

Libragirl67 Newbie

We live in Northern Michigan so our times to go camping is limited. We try to go at least twice during the summer. It is hard for me because I work a ton of hours during the summer. But it more about quality not quantity for us. And we always have fun.

16. lindsay365

lindsay365 Newbie

when i was a bit smaller we used to camp like every month. with the highly scheduled daily work i often find time to go camping. this only happens when i have a short leave or am in a holiday. this has denied me the dream i had ever had for camping since it had become a hobby but this days it is losing its value. i thus fill that if it were possible i would go back to my monthly comping.

17. AurelioLeo

AurelioLeo Newbie

I usually like to camp once a year in the summer. I have recently retired and now look forward to do alot more camping with my free time. I like to go fishing and hiking when I am camping.

Draft saved Draft deleted