1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

How Popular is Camping Where You Are?

Discussion in 'Other Camping' started by Recreational, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

The reality is that in this country [Canada] it is a multi million dollar business and growing every day. Like the tourist industry it is an integral part of the economy now. There are multi corporations that do nothing else but to supply the industry with goods. MEC, Sale, Cabela's, Bass Pro, Venture Guide, Sportsman's Guide just to name a few cater to the whims, wishes and needs of the camper, hiker, backpacker and so on.

2. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Which is a good thing in my opinion. Canada's beautiful nature is something I wouldn't mind being associated with (along with maple syrup, hockey and igloos). :p

3. Sweetkymom

Sweetkymom Newbie

Camping is very popular in my area. We have so many state parks and man made fishing/camping areas all around. We even have our local city pond that the city workers keep up so its safe to fish and camp at. Honestly, I don't see how so many people use all these campgrounds oh so close together!

4. Francy

Francy Newbie

I live in Wyoming and camping/hunting is a way of life here! If you live in Wyoming and don't like to camp, it's probably an interesting topic for you. It's nice here because you can practically camp anywhere. You drive an hour one way and you have the Big Horn Mountains where you can camp in the forest. Drive an hour the other way and you have a hug lake with super soft sand and a lot of camping spots. Drive an hour north and you can camp in the desert. There are many options in our state, and I haven't met anyone that doesn't like to camp yet.

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

We are so incredibly blessed with our natural resources. When I here from some of our European Babblers I find it difficult to understand the cramped spaces as compared to our scene which seems to be endless. In this country we have 265,523 km [164,988] miles of shore line. And when you include the United States the possibilities are simply endless.

Draft saved Draft deleted