1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Hunting crocodiles for meat

Discussion in 'On the Water' started by Alexandoy, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

There is a town in the southern part of our country where crocodile hunting is allowed. I just don't know if it is legal until now because from what I heard crocodiles are now considered an endangered species. Anyway, the hunters would ride on a boat and they use either guns or spears, the latter is only for the veteran hunter. One crocodile can yield a lot of meat that you can have food on the table for a week. But hunters usually capture only 1 or 2 crocodiles that will be enough to share the meat among them. When I was listening to the story, I cringed in fear because crocodiles are dangerous and they can kill people. What if the boat capsized and you fall on the water?

2. mr.seangill

mr.seangill Novice Camper

Haven't you ever watched any of the episodes of swamp people on the history channel - yeah it's dangerous but folks do it all the time - those are Gators but probably similar

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Draft saved Draft deleted