1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

I Got Nothing.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bibsoutdoors, May 26, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Have you ever had one of those weeks when you're just dying to get out and you can't? I'm there. I can't even hang in the backyard, our dog has been too sick. I come here looking for some relief and I can't find any new posts. I can't make any posts myself except for this cry baby one because I've got nothing. Aching to get on here and mix it up... again, nothing. So I apologize for wasting your time, I just needed to be part of this forum this morning. Oh, by the way, if you read this far in this 'nothing' post, you are an amazing person. My compliments to you!
    20170518_193713.jpg

2. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

Don't feel bad, I have been in the same funk for a month. Not that I haven't been busy, I just don't have anything to show for all my time.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  3. George_Mainwarin

George_Mainwarin Novice Camper

I've been in that pattern for a few weeks. I feel your pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

What can we do here? I mean when a night in the backyard just to get in your gear doesn't pan out... WHAT DO WE DO? LOL... not really.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Open for suggestions. I am having to work Saturday of my 3 day weekend.

6. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I guess there are jobs that require people to work. Holidays like Memorial Day, 4th, Labor day, Christmas are all holidays that should be held in higher esteem by our employers. If your job isn't life and death, you should have it off. How are we suppose to, remember, honor, worship and be thankful if 'the man' has us under thumb at the wheel? Killeroy, I'm sorry you have to work. I wish we were out camping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

7. George_Mainwarin

George_Mainwarin Novice Camper

I set up in the living room and tell my wife " The kids needed to build a fort."

Bibsoutdoors and killeroy154 like this.
  8. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Now that's the way to do it.

George_Mainwarin likes this.
  9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

You gotta love a man who uses his head!

10. BackwoodsGirl

BackwoodsGirl Explorer

I'm in a funk from moving at all, teacher fatigue at the end of the year. Signing up for some local hikes to make myself move!

11. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Tell us about those hikes you do. Maybe a picture or two along the way???

BackwoodsGirl likes this.
  12. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

A future hike or camping trip is something to look forward to. Sometimes just knowing that you are going on a hike or something, whether it's a week or even a month away can boost your spirits and give you that little push of excitement. I always pour over maps or even look at something like Google maps at the terrain or lakes. Even a simple day trip.

I know what y'all mean about being in a funk, rut or the likes. We had so much rain here, and predicted more, that it's muddy and our bicycling green belt is washed out. 25ee3df49ac9e84ee18089106ebb6932.jpg The water is out of the creek banks and over the trail, and it's my wife's birthday. Oh well. It'll get better. Humm hang in there.

BackwoodsGirl and Bibsoutdoors like this.
  13. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

What you say is so true, anticipation is a great ride in and of itself. My dog is sick, we are not sure how much longer we will have her. We rescue old sick dogs that the Humane Society wants to put down. We have vowed to give these dogs the best possible life they could have for the remainder of their days/months/years. (So I'll say right off, we have made our beds and we know it) My cry baby point is, I can't even make plans. We have had this dog for four years. It's like they know what was going to happen and why it didn't. They are so loving and great full, it is just impossible not to love them. That feeling I have for them makes me stay home. I'm not complaining...just venting. Feel free to tell me to stop whinning, I'll shut it.

But I soooo want to get out there...

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  14. BackwoodsGirl

BackwoodsGirl Explorer

I will, gotta figure out how to! New to Tapatalk.

15. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I shouldn't be volunteering people other than myself, at the risk of getting my backend kicked, Killeroy has a good deal of experience with talk tap, he maybe of good use to you if something throws you.

Say, what level of students and what subject matters do you instruct?

16. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

The last dog we had was a pomeranian. He was my son born beside our bed. Been gone over a year. I still miss him.

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  17. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Glad to have you.

BackwoodsGirl likes this.
  18. BackwoodsGirl

BackwoodsGirl Explorer

Kindergarten, teach em everything possible with the short time I have em, and try to counteract as much of what they live with as I can. Demographics where I teach are sad.

Madman4800 likes this.
  19. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

Sorry to hear about your dog. I recently lost a family member. Her name is Deedee and she loved to cuddle and watch TV. 29ce08a2cdc5ed2b51321c05040c73d0.jpg

20. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

I applaud you for what you do. I have four kids and I couldn't imagine a class room full of them.

Draft saved Draft deleted