1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

I Like Lights!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by killeroy154, Dec 25, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Got a couple of new toys, I love things that light up. Plus it actually serves as a power supply. Not really anything I would try to attach to my hat, but it doesn't weigh much. I set my glasses pouch next to it for a size comparison. No brand name anywhere. The box says work light. Oh and they are rechargeable to. 2c938d4499c6b63b666ef09f1ccfa772.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Pathfinder

I also like lights that I don't leave my small flashlight when I go on a camping trip. But in the recent years, I also bring the compact rechargeable lamp which is better to be used especially when eating dinner. It would have been great if the solar charger works well.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Explorer

I love all the newer and modern camping gear that is less intrusive but just smart, and a lot of these lighting fixtures are just that. One of my friends has one of those fan like things that light up when you open it and it is really cool and barely uses any power at all, and it has good range.

4. I was relying too much on solar rechargeable lights, which is unreliable when camping in the redwoods since we get those misty, foggy days. They help but now I'm looking for new options while getting my battery powered lights put. I really don't like it when my friends pull out their gas powered lanterns because we have enough fires around here.

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I'm with you - I don't like the noise. You may want to check out the LuminAID lanterns for auxiliary lighting. I have the two types and they are perfect for night time. For one thing, they last the entire night and are easily charged. I've tested them in summer and winter and they are excellent. [Keeping in mind that I'm expressing a personal opinion.]
    This model is about $29.00 and has four light settings you can select. I tend to use the third brightness and it lights up my campsite just fine. They fold down and can be packed easily.

AND THIS COMPANY DOES SOMETHING DIFFERENT TOO -

upload_2018-8-13_9-31-52.jpeg

Lights sponsored for disaster relief will be sent to partner organizations and distributed to families affected by Hurricane Irma, Hurricane Maria, and Hurricane Harvey. Current solar lantern distribution includes: Puerto Rico, Mexico, British Virgin Island, US Virgin Island, Turks and Caicos, Antigua & Barbuda, Barbados, Tortola, St Kitts & Nevis, Dominica, Leeward Islands, St. Maarten, Texas, Florida, and the Dominican Republic. Following natural disasters, safe light is one of the most critical needs for families left in the dark. Help us send lights for rescue, relief, and recovery.

I still have two of their older models that I purchased years ago and they both work fine.

I rely heavily on my headlight that enables my hands to be free. Check out their web site@ LuminAID Solar Lantern.

Attached Files:

Liz_simmons707 likes this.
  6. Thanks for the info

7. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I don't like buying and replacing batteries. Most of the times when I camp, we only use our head lamps. I still pack the lights, thst I posted a picture of, but the only time I use them is to charge my phone battery.

8. Yeah, i mostly need lights if I have work to do, otherwise I enjoy the night. This is especially true when we have meteor showers.

9. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I'm sort of progressive - from propane lanterns to kerosene/citronella, to flashlights of various kinds, and now mostly solar powered. The solar scene has improved remarkably. I use a headlight too - the one I have actually shines like a headlight and gives a broad view of what is in front of me. It can be reduced and also has the red light. I do have the Goalzero system that provides tent lighting and also a power source for small items like DVD's etc.

Liz_simmons707 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted