1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

I Ought To Be Ashamed

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by killeroy154, Sep 28, 2016.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Oh I did it now. I guess I will have to turn in my Arm Chair Survivalist certificate. I went out and bought one of these torch heads, and it even has a self igniter.

e32b71dc274f9f3d2e760ead70948783.jpg

It works great with the same bottle of propane that I use with my single burner stove.

While I am at it I might as well admit something. There was one time we were camping, out in the middle of no where, sort of. I mean realy there was no bathrooms, swimming pool, club house or anything like that. There was no road either. The only way was by boat or a one mile hike, so that counts as roughing it, right? So anyhow, we would run the boat a couple of miles to our vehicle and drive 4 miles up to a hamburger joint. Oh the shame of admitting this..... Yes I am an overweight, suburbanite, factory worker. But I love camping!

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...as one who hears confessions from time to time I thought yours to be interesting.

I personally make every effort to be in places where there are no bathrooms, swimming pools, club houses or anything like that. Ya...I call it campin!

So...should I be feeling guilty? :)

upload_2016-9-28_12-24-5.jpeg Let me feel real guilty.

3. scrapper

scrapper Novice Camper

You shouldn't feel so ashamed, pal. There is no need to go roughing it unless you're seriously considering role play a prepper or survivalist :D. I also pretty much prefer a double sized burger rather than munching dehydrated meat bars :D.

Draft saved Draft deleted