1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

i'M oFf

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Northern Dancer, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...I mean, like---off camping. Seven days to capture the last days of summer and maybe plan for the winter. I was thinking to myself it would be great to meet up with some Camping Babblers and just sit around the campfire and babble.

...but then---we don't talk to each other much.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYZiIy-G5VgSL6gbBBrmvWfV6BkTnxIkutslaYz7ILWy8-Zp0K.jpg

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Sorry ND, not much brewing here. Have a great trip. Maybe things will pick up here.

3. Northern Dancer

What can I say?

It rained - providing uninterrupted reading and contemplation.
    It was *cold - providing an opportunity to sleep soundly,
    with only the rain tapping a rhythmic tune on the tent walls.
    It was *autumn dark - providing a shroud for meditative prayer.
    This was the ambience that surrounded my retreat.

* Cold - one evening it dropped to 3 degrees [about 37 American].
    * Autumn Dark - The sun set at 7:05 PM and didn't get up in the morning until 7:14 AM.

Did I enjoy myself?
    I did actually.
    A friend stayed for two days and we talked into the wee hours of the morning.
    He brought steak and wine for the occasion.
    I was taken back by the quick and sudden change in the colour of the leaves.
    I'm privileged as I am blessed.

arrowfall.jpg

arrowgreat.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOi9zeSGtJ3hUtmvZGO6y8kFP4xoIUVc49nFBVhgTJ6zzVgcYv.jpg

killeroy154 likes this.
  4. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Wow fall colors. Our trees are still green except for the ones that just gave up and turned brown. love the pictures.

5. Northern Dancer

-----> I was taken back by the maturity of the colours; in the area that I live they are beginning to change, but a lot more slowly. My experience in the past tells me that come next week we will see a significant change. Next Monday, in this neck of the woods, is Harvest Thanksgiving which is a national holiday. I wonder how many people will be saying thank you for the abundant harvest?

Anyway - I have a weekender on November 1st [actually I'll be instructing a course program] and then on the weekend of November 22nd, I'll be out in the heart of the fall season breathing in some of that frosty air. o_O

Draft saved Draft deleted