1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Improvised shelter

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by Alexandoy, Dec 24, 2016.

1. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Survivalist

When I was younger, I had joined impromptu camping trips. Called such because the only things we bring is the gun. Very challenging but we were able to survive and even enjoy. The bed is usually a any spread like a blanket over grass and dried leaves. For the hovel, small branches woven by twigs. It's hard to describe but a camper would surely understand. However, that improvised shelter is good only against the morning dew. When it rains, we get wet.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    Jason76 likes this.
  2. Jason76

Jason76 Novice Camper

Across the creek (stream) from my parent's home are some reeds. Anyway, I figure since they look like commercial tent poles, they'd be good for making a tent. So has anyone tried to use them? Well, as a kid, I tried to make some tents, but they were never as good as the commercial, not even coming close!

Oh, anyway, what are some possible other building materials for a tent?

Draft saved Draft deleted