1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Interesting Super Shelter for Wilderness Survival

Discussion in 'Shelter' started by 2sweed, Mar 19, 2016.

1. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

Built by a woman this idea of a round-a-bout shelter would be a good idea in any outdoor survival experience. But for her it is a bug out location. So watch it and leave your comments and thoughts on subject below.

2. 2sweed

Winter Overnight at Her Camp

3. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

That's a pretty sweet shelter, I wonder how long it took her to put it up. Her dog sure seems happy!

And I like that it is like a convertible with the tarp top

4. 2sweed

I liked the idea of the fence as in winter it would block some of the wind. I always thought that big rocks with a space in the middle would make a good bug out shelter but this idea is good if you have a isolated location.

5. gracer

gracer Explorer

The shelter does look strong and protective against wind and even from animals that roam around the area. I also wonder how long she made the shelter because it does look detailed and well built for a temporary shelter. I'm really amazed at how she put the shelter up. This is very interesting and informative. :)

6. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

..I have used a lean-to in the past but with the advancement of light weight specialty tarps and such I tend to avoid cutting down anything. Though even when I did build a lean-to I looked for dead wood. Ya...I guess I'm getting a bit soft. In the winter I pack a sled and tote that behind me and bring the necessary four season tent; with or without the wood stove.:)

It's a good skill to know. The first thing in a survival situation is shelter - that includes protection from the elements, and fire. Next would be water source etc. I have a thread somewhere that shows my "Survival Kite".

gracer likes this.
  7. gracer

gracer Explorer

I agree. Having a safe shelter to protect you from any kind of danger or risk is also one of my main concern when faced with a survival situation. I think it is one of the first things a person should make when he/she suddenly finds him/herself stranded somewhere. Next would be sources of food and water.

8. missyify

missyify Survivalist

That's really cool. When the weather cools off a bit, I want to get the kids out learning to make a shelter.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

9. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

upload_2016-8-23_20-56-47.jpeg There are as different as there are people.

The Scout Organizations have good material on this topic/subject. Any of the field manuals will have this stuff in them.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhFOGmwhk2Um1zPPhce_BhcVgYRW7eA7YTwn-UH8gpyvFtAHicBw.jpg upload_2016-8-23_21-0-16.jpeg

The outdoor life - full of fun!

gracer and missyify like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted