1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Is Bigfoot living on Popocatepetl?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by happyflowerlady, Jan 18, 2015.

1. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

I was just reading an amazing article about mysterious tall beings that have been seen climbing up Mt. Popocatepetl volcano in Mexico.
    The rescue team that works in the area said they have no idea what they are seeing, but the creatures, described as tall, thin persons, are apparently able to climb up the icy slopes of the mountain much faster than would be humanly possible.
    The icy portion of the volcano, which usually takes the rescue team 3-4 hours too climb, was where the creatures were spotted, and they climbed the areain about 10 minutes and then were lost from sight.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/01/giant-beings-seen-rapidly-climbing-mexican-volcano/

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

Actually...they have been seen living in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan and the RCMP have them on their radar screen. :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwzQw9otK20Xz2MBQMBEKV6chanhBsxIW5Ed3U9rfUnJumtpE5Jg.jpg

happyflowerlady likes this.
  3. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

I would say there is a very good chance that they are gorillas that have been set free from a zoo, or from some people who had them as pets and they got to big to handle. A gorilla walking upright at a distance could be mistaken as a Big Foot. And if in a area without a good food source he would be skinny.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOJRZuEfp0lQSnjVgOyRo49TQyhaYKTmKuk1TDqJT2jLUUMlYN.jpg

4. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

2Sweed, I have never heard of anyone having a pet gorilla. The ones they have in the zoos are a regular gorilla, which lives in tropical climates, not in the snow.
    The only gorilla that lives in colder climates is the Mountain Gorilla, and they are almost extint, and only found in Africa.
    I think that it is reasonable to consider that we have unknown (and rarely seen) creatures living in areas that are not inhabited by people.
    Bigfoot is by nature a creature that avoids contact with humans, and is used to living high in the mountains. The one that lives in the Himalayan mountains is called the "abominable snowman".
    People didn't even know that the Panda bear existed in China until the mid 1800's, and even then it was years later before one was captured and their existance verified. And Panda bears are certainly not camouflaged in their habitat, and they do not hide from humans.

5. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

...reminds me of someone I dated way back when I was a teen :bucktooth:

:bear: Can you imagine...I have to put up with guy all day long.

campforums likes this.
  6. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

(2Sweed, I have never heard of anyone having a pet gorilla. The ones they have in the zoos are a regular gorilla, which lives in tropical climates, not in the snow.
    The only gorilla that lives in colder climates is the Mountain Gorilla, and they are almost extint, and only found in Africa.
    I think that it is reasonable to consider that we have unknown (and rarely seen) creatures living in areas that are not inhabited by people.
    Bigfoot is by nature a creature that avoids contact with humans, and is used to living high in the mountains. The one that lives in the Himalayan mountains is called the "abominable snowman".)

I have know people who had permits to own many types of animals that were set free in the swamps and forests, of areas not native to that animal, yet the animal survived and flourished despite very cold temp's or weather that was too hot. Like the overabundance of pythons in the everglades. That said, I do agree that there could be creatures out there yet to be discovered. :sorry::)
    Like this fellow: :nailbiting::nailbiting:

upload_2015-1-21_21-29-28.jpeg

Draft saved Draft deleted