1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Is there a map for horse-friendly trails?

Discussion in 'Trails' started by Onatah, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Onatah

Onatah Novice Camper

I love to trail ride. I'm blessed to live in an area where there are many trails so I don't have to go far. I pretty much know these trails well enough around here to know which are horse-friendly and which are not, however, these things can change and I'm not confident enough to take new trails for wondering if they are horse-friendly or if I would be risking getting in trouble with the DNR. Not every entry/exit of a trail is posted one way or the other and if I get to wandering, I have to guess. Come springtime, I'll be wandering more as I enjoy hunting for morel mushrooms and want to do it via horseback this coming spring. A couple hundred acres near us were part of a controlled burn and I know this means more morels! Good excuse for camping on the weekends near home.

Are their maps available, online or off, that would tell me where the horse-friendly trails are at? I'd love to go exploring some new areas. Big plus if those maps also show fishing spots. Fish and morels go wonderful together. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted