1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

It died!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by killeroy154, Dec 22, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

The trusty Mr Heater died. I was in the basement working on my future canoe seat, and it coughed, sputtered and klunked dead out. I took it apart and cleaned it's orfices, that doesn't sound very proper, but that's what I did. The pilot will light and heater does start to heat, but doesn't last a few minutes then kkkooouuff kkkooouuff ehhhie it dies.

I was thinking of an over night trip down the river next week, but going to be colder than a well diggers rear end. And yes I am not very keen on floating down a river bumping into ice cubes. If we had real snow, it would be different.

Right now I am cooking down apples for an apple pie yummy yum. It's my wife's and I 33 anniversary, so we are staying home and enjoying each other's company. b36b6f2725059b8bb4694bcdc1792d9f.jpg 3459aee0d8f014dbaeb564be0eb3fbaf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I know what it is like to have equipment die; from flashlights, to tents to a variety of other stuff. But I look on the bright side. I can replace it with the newest technology and carry on!

So...what's in the budget for 2018? The only thing I have listed at the moment is a camp saw. I've relied a lot on my handy dandy hatchet but I see a lot of guys using a saw. I certainly don't need any more tents and my sleep system is fine.

upload_2017-12-22_22-3-41.jpeg

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I've got a Sven camp saw. It packs small and cuts great. It feels a little flimsy, but so far holding up well. I use it more than my hatchet for gathering firewood.

Coffee and apple pie this morning uumm uumm good. 2015da84be0b57e3d14fdf63e5853d09.jpg efe6421c8be15a395cf2908642482ef8.jpg 895dfd0c26abddf82ac59f5bd61bbdd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

4. Northern Dancer

Northern Dancer Survivalist

I'll forget about the saw for a few minutes and feast my eyes on that apple pie! Sure looks mighty good and I bet it is as tasty as it looks. I can just smell the aroma of that home baked pie that I know would satisfy my every taste bud. And ice cream too...

What were we talking about? Oh...yah, a saw. I've seen the one you have and it seems to be very popular. I'll check it out the next time I visit Sail [a local out door store in town].

5. 2sweed

2sweed Natural Camper Staff Member

You made me very hungry I love apple pie. Yum! I have a saw similar to yours but it is more rectangular when put together. One long piece where handles fold up and you store the blades inside the main frame. It is very handy for cutting limbs and more... Thanks for sharing. Sorry your heater bit the dust.

Draft saved Draft deleted