1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Just snасks!

Discussion in 'Food' started by WilliamV, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. WilliamV

WilliamV Novice Camper

Sо I'm thinking аbоut snасky fооds fоr оur upсоming trip in just оvеr а wееk аnd thоught I'd соmе sее whаt thе еxpеrts think!

I'm nоt big intо сhips аnd сhееtоs, sо I'm rеаlly lооking fоrwаrd tо оur vеrsiоn оf "nаughty" snасks fоr оur trip. Pоrt winе сhееsе, I hаtе tо аdmit thаt I lоvе this nеоn swirly соnсосtiоn, but mаn, sprеаd it оn а whеаt thin аnd yummо! Jаlаpеnо jеlly pоurеd оvеr сrеаm сhееsе, I саn't bеliеvе I put оff trying this fоr sо lоng, it is sоооооо gооd. Bооzy (оptiоnаl) саmpfirе сhееsе, mеlty, gооеy briе оvеr а саmpfirе sprеаd оn sliсеd bаguеttеs, whаt's nоt tо likе?

Whаt аrе yоur fаvоritе snасks/nаughty trеаts fоr саmping?

2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Either you are on your trip or maybe just got back. I love snacky foods to. Ooh ooh that cheese and stuff make you fat tho.

So many wonderful places
    So little time

3. SashaS

SashaS Novice Camper

Well perhaps its not exactly what you're looking for, but those (rather expensive, I do admit) energy bars made of oats that are covered in chocolate or whatever are usually something I take with, along with some Jelly Beans and a few cylinders of Pringles. Pair that with a bottle of Coke and some flavored water (I don't do alcohol) and its great for sitting around the fire.

I'm excluding marshmallows because for some reason I don't really like them and they get stuck in my throat so the above suffices just fine.

Some garlic bread to go with the chicken and steak is a must, along with the essential spices.

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

I like to bring along things that can be cooked over the fire or are cool and refreshing because I usually go camping in the summer. Watermelon usually goes well with beer and smores!

5. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

The pancakes we fixed for supper while camping were excellent! Easy to make, and when smothered with maple syrup were yummy. I can't eat meats and hard to digest stuff in evening, or I wake up with indigestion.

A couple of years ago I took my bass boat to a local lake to camp and fish. The last evening there I fixed some good ole spicy redbeans and rice. I awoke about midnight sick as a dog. So as I staggered outside of the tent, I seen the trees swaying back and forth in the wind. The radio said bad storms were headed my way. Great. I was sick and I realy did not want to be packing in the rain 8 hours later, so I started packing up. It was about 1:30 am when I got packed and boat loaded on trailor. I hit the interstate headed for home.

Now here in east tn. when an old man in overalls tells you that "ya can't git there from here" he is not kidding. You have to go somewhere else first. Well I had to go to knoxville first then get on the highway to my town, but I screwd up and got off at the UT ( University of Tennessee ) exit instead of going around to other side of city. Wow there were students everywhere on a Saturday night at 3 am. Wouldn't been such a big deal except the street lights, traffic and towing a 2000 lb boat behind my midsize truck and another 2 hour drive home.

I tend to be careful what I eat when camping. Sorry long winded again.

6. happyflowerlady

happyflowerlady Survivalist

When we went to the lake for camping and fishing, we usually took along regular potato chips. Those are not my favorite snacks, but with enough ketchup, they are fine. Actually, with enough ketchup, almost anything is fine. Just kidding.....

One thing that I always take along for a snack is sunflower seeds . I like to have a good book and a bag of sunflower seeds, and sit on the ground and read while I am waiting for a fish to come along and bite on my bait. They aren't messy, they don't weigh anything to carry along, and they are not even fattening, or leave a mess behind. Any seed shells left on the ground will simply decompose, and not disturb nature at all.

7. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

No need to apologize, I love the details! :thumbsup:

8. ashley0323

ashley0323 Novice Camper

I have three toddlers, so we are always prepared in the snack department. We like to do smores, pringles, goldfish crackers, tortilla chips and salsa, sometimes even queso dip, corn chips and bean dip, we prepare dry salad ingredients and put them in a ziploc, we bring a jar of peanut butter, jar of jelly and bread too!

Draft saved Draft deleted