1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Karma is a hard hitter.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bibsoutdoors, May 29, 2017.

1. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

20161004_182059.jpg Tonight my heart is heavy, within hours Snoop my dog went from sick, to bad, to gone. I hate irony at times like this. She was fighting for air, we rushed her to an emergency hospital, my wife got out of the car and ran into the place to get a stretcher and before she could get back with help we lost our dog in the parking lot of the very place that could have helped her. I was listening to her breathe and it got quite, I turned and thought she had finally fallen asleep. Not but seconds later I thought, no this isn't right, so I got out went to the back seat area and she was gone. We knew this day was coming, that knowledge didn't help a bit. I'm going to miss our little Bassett Hound. I just hope we didn't lose her because I was whinning about not being able to go camping. I really didn't mean it, not like that...

Well people you are the closest thing to friends I have so I hope you don't mind me leaning on you tonight. I'm sure going to miss my little girl.

DBX likes this.
  2. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I'm sorry Bibs. It sucks when there is nothing you can do for them. We give them a home, love and we try to make them comfortable and happy, and they become part of the family. I love dogs, but they don't have the life expectancy that we do, and it is emotionally crushing when they pass away. I'm sure she had a great home and family. A sick pet can be very emotionally draining. I think you are being to hard on yourself. That shows you have a big heart.

All dogs go to heaven.

3. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

4. BackwoodsGirl

BackwoodsGirl Explorer

This touched my heart, we have numerous dogs, our kids now that his are grown. They bring crazy, funny, and perfect chaos into our life. Their loss will be devastating as the fur-babes we no longer have. I have a corner of the yard, where they live on in my memory garden. I hope you find a special place to visit like that, for reminders, private chats and love from them as they truly are life's unconditional love. Thoughts and prayers with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

BackwoodsGirl likes this.
  6. Madman4800

Madman4800 Survivalist

Sorry for your loss Bibs. I'm betting Snoop is in heaven know laying by a camp fire chowing down on a never-ending T bone. Best wishes to you and your family.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

7. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

@Madman4800,
    Thank you, I believe she would like that t- bone. Thank you.

8. DBX

DBX Novice Camper

Prayers and Smoke for strength and peace to you!

Bibsoutdoors likes this.
  9. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

@DBX
    Thank you, today I just finished, laundering her bed, blankets and pillows. I shampooed the carpets and mowed the lawn. All things I use to do for Snoop. Knowing this is the last time I do these things for her has been difficult fire me. Coming in and seeing your wishers for me has lifted me up. Thank you, couldn't have come at a better time.

Looks as if you may be new with us here.
    WELCOME, I hope you jump right in and get your feet wet. You will fit in well here, anyone who can feel empathy for a stranger... yes, you will fit nicely here. I look forward to interacting with you in the future. Thank you for your kind words, welcome to Camping Babble!

DBX likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted