1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Knot Tieing

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by campforums, Feb 17, 2013.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

When I went to summer camp as a kid I learned dozens of different types of knots, but I guess it is like most things and you forget them if you don't use it. I can still do some basic nautical knots and the "Reef Knot" (which is very useful), also for some reason I still remember how to do a noose :-/.

Anyhow, I was thinking of relearning them and I remember coming across a site with animations of all the different knots. I did find this site:

http://www.animatedknots.com/

which has Youtube videos, but its not as good although they do seem to have a bunch of mobile apps.

2. Esperahol

Esperahol Newbie

Due to my issues with shoelace tying I didn't think I'd be very good at knot tying, but then I realized that the manner in which I keep my shoes on my feet is less tying and more strategic knotting. Also thank you for this website.

3. R. Zimm

R. Zimm Newbie

I downloaded a couple of apps for my smartphone with loads of knots. They were free, too! Now, have I practiced these knots from the convenience of my phone? Nope!

4. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

No problem, I'm glad you found it helpful but come on!! Everyone found shoelaces difficult as a kid... unless you mean you still find them tricky.

This is exactly the kind of thing I've been looking for, you don't happen to have the name of your favorite one do you?

Draft saved Draft deleted