1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Looky here!

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by killeroy154, May 10, 2017.

1. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

Just got up and look what I got in the mail ceb1141f56999c9756bf4ef33e0b6bc8.jpg My hammock straps. Of the course the cat had to play with them to before I could tool it back up. 86d177b113d71b1eccba11cb91220cf2.jpg I went outside to check it out. It took me maybe 4 minutes to get it up and comfy eea7e0b3aa9dc343c83a056d60ea5b41.jpg I attached one strap to a walnut tree my wife started from a nut, and the other end to a sycamore tree we planted 15 years ago. 32972267404f5ea10481e4f242fb43e4.jpg veiw of the Devils Nose mtn through the trees 72b18673ddc9ebeb544cce789ae29abc.jpg

Bibsoutdoors and Northern Dancer like this.
  2. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

Awesome backyard Killeroy! Love the view back to the mountains. Fascinating, black walnut nut to tree...amazing, how fun. Atlas straps sound like they are working well. Four minutes, good set-up time.

3. killeroy154

killeroy154 Survivalist

I've got trees all over my yard, and love em. Little bit of work in the fall, but the shade we get is worth it. I ordered The Ultimate Hang book, and I should be getting it early next week. Next Thursday I should be doing an over night trip down a local river. My brother and I will be camping on an island for the night. I will be sleeping in the hammock, and my brother will probably be in a pup tent. I just hope ticks won't be a problem...... eeww I don't like them creepy crawly things.

4. Bibsoutdoors

Bibsoutdoors Survivalist

I understand, we also have trees, mostly surrounding us like a fence, but in the fall, you understand. "The Ultimate Hang" is a very useful book. I have a feeling if you have been hammock camping much before, you may find the info redundant. I spoke with Hansen on another forum just last week. He is promising a vol. II out very soon. He claims it has hundreds of pages and he's trying to narrow the material down. I look forward to that one as well. The book you just finished and I just ordered off Amazon will be here next Wednesday. I look forward to that. You can laugh at me, but, I find the idea of canoeing out to an island to camp with "no one" else there incredibly desirable. You can not believe the pictures that conjures up in my mind...kind of like this
    8f03f3f5-3dec-4a97-ab7f-5a085f957311.jpg Again feel free to laugh at me, I want to be in that picture so bad I'd sell my wife to get there! Well, maybe not that after all, I want her there as well, but you get the idea of the desperation I feel. Often think of Northern Dancer staying in places like this. Well, ticks, snakes, spiders, mosquitos, flies stuff like that I'm sure have some purpose, I don't know what it is, so in my ignorance I'd just as soon be rid of the lot. I do hope you have a good time. A one night can be gold.

Draft saved Draft deleted