1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

Low carb camping?

Discussion in 'Food' started by christinichka, Aug 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Anyone else embracing low carb eating? I need some ideas for low carb camping snacks, desserts and meals.

2. missyify

missyify Survivalist

We're an Auto Immune Protocol family, so we don't eat much outside of fruit carbs... We pack frozen meat and vegetables in one cooler, fruit and drinks in the other. Seeds, jerky... You could do nuts; we don't since my son's allergic. Um... Trying to think because I've been on it so long I forget what's different lol.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

3. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Maybe eggs boiled ahead of time? We can't do that also due to allergies lol.

Dark chocolate. We don't do much dessert aside from coconut ice cream. I wanted to try one of those ice cream balls, but the container is so small there would be fights (2 step and 3 bio kids). Probably going to try it when it's just our three. Maybe buy a second.

4. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Cheese & lunch meat rolls. We do lettuce and meat.

Kale chips made ahead of time. (Ridiculously expensive premade)

I'll keep thinking.

5. missyify

missyify Survivalist

Olives. They sell those in snack packs now at some stores...

Macro Bars

Some stuff keeps better than others so that's also something to bear in mind.

Seaweed snacks

Sardines

Carrots and guacamole dip (another thing that won't keep long depending on how you store it, store bought should be ok so long as it's unopened)

As we say, the kids are professional eaters. Since we have to deal with food allergies, any trip, camping or not, requires a meal plan. My kids are 4, 2, and 1 and they dang near eat the same amount we do.

Hope you found something helpful in all of that lol.

6. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Here are some of my favorites:
    • Homemade protein bars
    • Various kinds of nuts (almonds and cashews mostly)
    • Barbequed meat and fish
    • Stuffed peppers

Draft saved Draft deleted