1. Join the Camping Babble forums today and become an active member of our growing community. Once registered you'll be able to exchange camping photos, stories and experience with other members. If you're still undecided, feel free to take a look around and see what we're all about!

MegaPegs review

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by campforums, Jul 21, 2015.

1. campforums

campforums Founder Staff Member

Thank you to MegaPegs who was generous enough to sponsor this post by sending me a sample of their product to review.

01.jpg IMG_20150721_160654.jpg

Construction

The clips themselves are vibrantly colored and made from a durable hard plastic. The two peices of plastic that make up the clip are held together by the tension from a rigid steel wire. The pressure it provides is pretty good, but it still opens and closes smoothly with not much difficulty.

02.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg

Usage

By my estimate, the clips could probably hold up to around 20 lbs without being pryed open. Here is a picture I took while testing their strenght of the MegaPegs holding a flower pot. Here is another one holding a bag.

06.jpg 05.jpg 07.jpg 03.jpg

The MegaPegs are branded as "The Little Product With Mega-Uses" and they do live up to their name. The feature I found the most unique was that when the clips are fully closed there is still a decent amount of space where ropes, branches, or bars can pass through. This makes them great for binding things together or hanging things up.

08.jpg 09.jpg 12.jpg

Room for Improvements

The cool color is actually pretty neat because these clips are intended for personal and home use so it is important that they look nice as well. I would be interested in seeing them come out with more colors to compliment their blue version which is what is available now.

Also, one thing that I found frustrating when playing around with them was the shape of the clamp where the two pieces make contact. I felt as though although there was enough pressure in some cases there was not enough friction between the object being clamped and the MegaPegs.

15.jpg

Availability

Right now they are available only from their website and come in packs of either 4, 8 or 10.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted